Monday, September 1, 2008

Ribfest...




So i went to a football game the other night, without any knowledge of the Rib festival that was there.! 





Anyhow..since we're doing the low carb or no carb * thats the one she's doing. I'm doing the as limited amount of carbs for an Asian noodle head.. carb cautious eating.. life is interesting. I haven't had noodles in a while maybe since I've left Los Angeles. I try to eat only salads  that is loaded with everything. although i enjoy a simple salad with few ingredients, i LOVE salads that are filled with a bit of everything-because the right variety of flavors in the salad makes it -sans dressing healthy. so now everything goes on it-sunflower seeds, tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, edamame, olives, avocados, almond slices, hard boiled egg, chicken, ham... just about everything goes on it and good amount of salt and pepper. then eat away... its great and no dressing with old is needed and all the salad is raw so every vitamin goes into your body... 

so now that i have demonstrated my appreciation for things green and healthy i will go into my deep admiration for ribs and b.b.q. A few days ago, i was invited for a kick off game for the steelers. as we approach the field from our far parking spot, i started to see smoke... good smoke- the smoke that has flavor in it. I saw the sign "Rib Festival 2008" and my eyes were filled with a gaze that could not be unlocked from the smoke. but my healthy minded roommate said "no" and that it would ruin our healthy day of working out and eating light. I was heart broken. just sad. but after the game i convinced myself that ribs were good since they were not carbs and if i didnt lick the sauce i should be okay. but of course its a Rib festival who am i kidding, there were award winning teams with their stands there waiting for me to love my life even more. so i get in line and get the teaser. so g
ood. so good. life was great. i love festivals and vendors who can actually deliver the flavors and food they claim. 

No comments: