Tuesday, August 26, 2008

no carb, low carb.. wtf


upon coming back to Pittsburgh.... I had planned to try to trim down and lit a bit more lean for a wedding that I am attending in September back in Los Angeles. So it wasn't a big deal to know that I would have to cut down on my junk food (everything) consumption and focus my sustenance on healthy things... I wasn't sure how I was going to do it, since I had spent my whole summer eating everything I desired. And now I have to be very careful of everything that I am putting into my mouth. It is Very Very Hard. but I think I can get through it. 

My roommate does this NO Carb thing and she eats like one meal a day... which to me both are crazy... first of all.. I LOVE NOODLES. ask anyone.. my family, my friends, my boyfriend... its one of the only things I could eat everyday. And of course its not allowed in the house.. so now I have to think of more clever ways to fulfill my stomach and my mental well being for food while keeping a good caloric count. Of course I'm going to try to work out way more (which is a first) since my school schedule is so lax this semester.. I'll be trying to work out most of the days.. like  5 and my roommate is ready to do the same with me.. so now on top of working out i have to think of new ways to eat and get my taste buds happy with the new diet. 

So now the snacks are Edamame. I like them salted and cold. its a great snack to have while playing video games or watching television. hopefully i keep them stocked so that I don't go for bad things. healthy eating is tricky if its not on the books already in your mind. but i think i can do this.. I'm sure I'll find really cool things I can eat without become a bear getting ready for hibernation... 

lets hope for the best healthy eating for this year.. but of course I'll be doing carb..after all i am Asian.. i need my rice and noodles... I'll keep it light of course.. 

eat extraordinary everyday. 

No comments: