Friday, February 20, 2009

sales at the grocery store


sometimes i think people are not really paying attention to the things in their world. I've been telling my sister for weeks now, to buy whatever is on sale and I'll make it delicious. for valentines day we did not do anything special. but the next day she had gone to the flea market where they sell veggies and bought four bunches of asparagus for 5 dollars. then at the local giant eagle grocery store, they had rib eye steaks packs on sale (4 pieces) for $13. i came home from work and she told me her findings. i was very proud of her. 

i proceeded to season the steaks and the asparagus and grilled them on our indoor grill. had a great dinner for three people for less than $2o. I think these days when the economy is bad we should all try to find more creative ways in preparing foods and shopping for groceries. that's been the topic of all my food magazines that I've been reading. people are in tight budget mode, thus not eating out a lot. i feel that we still need to eat out to help support the food industry. so by saving on a low cost dinner weekly, one can ideally go out one day a week to have a nice dinner where you sit and have someone serve you food and do the dishes too. 

i really love going out to eat. the whole process of eating out really amazes me. the way in which people have to interact and behave is something that is so fascinating. everyone is trying to pleased or be pleased and the restaurant is the place to get this exchange of pleasure. i have nothing against that. i love cooking and feeding people and see them enjoy my food. but at the same time i love the feeling of enjoying someone's hard work of food preparation. 

with that, i hope everyone finds some imagination when it comes to stretching their budgets during these times.. eat some good food and savory every moment of it. 

eat extraordinary everyday. 

1 comment:

Buddha said...

I just had a ribeye last night. Nice blog, by the way. I like the Twitter updates. I didn't know Blogger that that feature.