Saturday, November 8, 2008

trust me. .




'trust me'
that's what omakase means in Japanese. its when the chef is trusted by the diner to be fed nothing but the best. or perhaps you've heard 'its up to you' all in the same... trusting someone to feed you without you ever knowing what comes next. 

well i've always thought highly of my palate and my judgement of a great dining establishment. i've always recommended people to places to eat and tell them truthful about the experience. if i love a place you'll know. if i hate a place, you'll know for sure. so for the summer i worked at a place that i loved eating at. that was a complete fluke. i didnt think they were hiring or even needed anyone, but after dinner i was asked if i was interested and ended up joining the team within 24 hours. it felt right. and when i was able to eat more and see more of the food being done and served out i really wanted all my friends to come and experience the food as i had. sushi that isn't pretentious but is actually mind blowing. but no one ever came. maybe a few friends. i had a couple come in and said it was on the top with the best sushi places in Hollywood. i said it was better. but recently i guess I've been given satisfaction. 

Phillip *papa san boss man. was challenged to a throw down with bobby flay. wow.
i was SO excited when it was confirmed that it was a throw down, Phillip said he wanted a chance in kitchen stadium to prove himself against the iron chef on a bigger arena. wow. if the food network showcasing your favorite place on a episode of throw down isn't proof that you have good taste i don't know what is. I'm just waiting until the magazines start up on it. 

hell I'm starting to think i should write an article for them and submit. who knows. they might like it. speaking of which i'm trying to up my writing portfolio of food things. so we'll see what happens. i know that my blog isnt the biggest or the most popular, but for now i'm writing for my friends to read. and just to get my thoughts out there. where this passion of food will take me, time can only tell. 

i cant wait for the show to air. i'll let everyone know. until then.. 

eat extraordinary everyday! 

**the photos are of the fish TAI, American name SEA BREAM. 

No comments: