Friday, February 29, 2008

college cooking show


I've had this idea for doing a college cooking show for a while now. starting from my old university in la, i was going to try to pitch it to them to let me do a show. and now at my new university i have kinda given that idea out to someone.


my aims for this college TV cooking show is to teach college students the basics to eating and cooking well for themselves, building a good foundations for culinary experience and adventure. i want to introduce to college students living in pa, that food isn't just fattening or gross, that it is actually the key to really discovering the world and cultures. everyone has to eat and why not a better way of learning about other people's worlds than through their foods? if the school will let me, i think I'll come up with simple and fun recipes and some great tricks to help students in a college setting cook for themselves and feel a little more independent then the good old cafeteria. i hope that students will find themselves adventuring into new ethnic and traditional foods and that will help people get more open towards the global world we live into today.
i guess I'll have to wait and see if this show does come up and if i will be given the chance to show people in Pittsburgh how to make some amazing simple and healthy foods. as well as give them the tools to go out and venture into other cultural foods.

No comments: